Requirements: (Bring ID's, Waivers, Security Deposits, At least 5-10 minutes prior to your reservation time, etc.)
- Reservations are required, and it isn't uncommon for us to be sold out on weekends or holidays a few days in advance. Reservations can be made quick and easy after clicking Book Now on this webpage. Choosing great add-ons like our amazing photo and video packages can be done at checkout as well. Please choose carefully while selecting between our options and two different locations (in Jersey City N.J. and Keyport N.J.) while also making sure all people participating in your reservation have the necessary simple requirements listed below. There are no refunds once your booking is complete! (Re-bookings are described below).
- We must have the card holder present or we can reject the reservation. If the card holder is not present, they can facetime us and show us a picture of their ID in order to confirm that it is not fraud.
- NO boater license is needed for any activities. You operate under our licensing. Just VALID PHOTO ID's or Pictures of the ID.
- Renters must be 18 years or older for jet skis, and 21 for boats (16+ with parental consent/liability waiver and a drivers permit ID for jet skis), and passengers must be 10 years or older for jet skis or 2 and older for boats. Parents/Guardians must sign off waivers for any persons under the age of 18. The minimum age for boats is 2 years old.
- Boat renter must be at least 21 years old and cannot consume as substances if operating, or their time can be suspended without refund, as with any reckless, prohibited or illegal activities. Please hire a driver if you do not have experience operating or are going to consume any substances.
- Boat passengers must be at least 2 years old, everyone under 10 must wear a life jacket at all times, children who are very small should bring their own life jacket as we may not have sizes that fit them and they will not be permitted on with a jacket that doesn't fit.
- Prices vary between locations. Both are awesome to experience.
- ALL participants must have a valid photo ID. A picture of a photo ID is also acceptable, as are passports, gym or school ID's, etc.
- The maximum weight for each jet ski is 350 pounds, more weight than 350 pounds on jet skis will effect the comfort and safety of the experience so please keep this in mind while adding passengers.
- Participants MUST ARRIVE AT LEAST 5 MINUTES EARLY prepared to go on the water with the requirements below in hand, ready to check-in, people arriving after the safety orientation has begun must pay to rebook. Late guests will not hold back the timely participants. Put into mind it may take a few minutes to find PARKING in one of our lots:
- KEYPORT PARKING: Parking for our Keyport location is free! And MUST BE DONE FROM WITHIN BROWN'S POINT MARINA, cars parking on side streets WILL BE TICKETED. Although it is public parking on side streets, overflow from Brown's Point Marina (357 West Front Street, Keyport NJ 07735) is a very sensitive issue for our neighbors, and ALL PARKING MUST BE WITHIN BROWN'S POINT MARINA. (Thank you very much for your cooperation!) Parking is available to the left of the main office building within Brown's Point Marina. Due to potential parking overload, spots should be vacated within 15 minutes of session ends to make space for other participants arriving for the following session. We are sorry for any inconvenience, Keyport's municipal parking lots are located just a few blocks over from the left of our marina if you are interested in enjoying the beautiful township and it's many stores and waterfront restaurants. Also, Cliffwood Beach is less than 1 mile away and offers a clean beach atmosphere that isn't crowded. Feel free to call and ask if you have more questions!
- JERSEY CITY PARKING/TRANSPORTATION: Parking for our location in Jersey City is just $5 per vehicle parking available when driving past our check-in store front at 37 Marin Blvd, into Liberty Harbor Marina (upon telling the security guard you're parking for the jet ski rental, otherwise they charge $10!). It is suggestible if you have a large party to drop off the group to begin checking in at 37 Marin Blvd before having park the vehicle in Liberty Harbor Marina's parking lots. Parking is plentiful and in the same parking lot as the awesome waterfront restaurant and bar "Surf City" for a great food, drinks and a heavenly view. All terrific things after a jet skiing session with Jersey Jet Ski!
- Our Liability Waiver Agreement must be filled out by each participant and signed each time you join us, and to save time at check-in participants can fill the waiver out prior to your arrival. The waiver is in digital form and available to be filled right from a smart phone or computer, the link to the waiver is in the confirmation email sent to you after the booking is complete and sharable with other people joining the party to be filled in advance.
- Please have each participant bring the waiver completion email with them at time of check-in (or send a screen shot of it to one member of the party to present at check-in).
- Each Jet Ski requires a $250.00 (for jet skis) and ($500 for boat) cash or credit card deposit in case of damages that you and or someone else in your party causes to our equipment while in your/their care. We can scan the card on file and charge that if there are damages, otherwise it is not charged. If paying cash for the security deposit, the card holder who made the reservation must be present. Riders are legally liable for the jet skis and their actions in all ways. We will instruct you how to avoid damages, issues and the charges that come with them. Rentals are inspected before and after each rental period, documenting the condition prior to departure.
- All renters (operators) must get a full safety orientation prior to before their departure (regardless of skill level). We go over hazards which are important to always keep in mind on the water in the specific location and in general. Participants must be able to understand english, spanish speaking participants can request a spanish speaking instructor/supervisor if planning far enough ahead and we can try out best to accommodate this. Communication is key in safety so unfortunately we can reject customers who either can't understand or purposely ignore safety commands made by instructors. We take safety very seriously. We have thousands of first time customers a season who cooperate and have tremendous levels of fun, safely.
- We supply life jackets. More info regarding wetsuits are detailed below in the "Reminders" section.
- If you have ordered a photo or photo & video package at checkout, please inform the instructors. If possible, bring an apple product such as an iphone or ipad so we can get you the package right after your ride right away, if not we can send you the photos/videos via Whatsapp for easy sharing.
- All renters and passengers must sign a rental agreement and release of liability/waiver form or are not allowed to participate.
- Jersey Jet Ski Inc. reserves the right to deny rentals to persons not physically qualified, visibly intoxicated, ignoring the safety orientation, or a danger to themselves or others on the water (in which the remaining time would be suspended without refund, since that slip could have been sold to a responsible person).
- Once you leave the dock there is no going back to swap out for other passengers. Returning to the dock early means ending your riding time early. There are no refunds.
- Booking online is necessary and guarantees your rental.
- MUST arrive at least 5 minutes prior to departure time, arriving late may cut into how much time on the water can be allocated.
- In the event you need to change your date or time of departure, you must contact us at a minimum of 24 hours in advance.There is a $60 rescheduling fee per jet ski if within 24-12 hours of the reservation, then from 12-6 hours for $80, and within 3.5 hours is non-refundable. Weekday reservations can only be rescheduled for weekdays.
- If the weather or waters aren't suitable for jet skiing, we reserve the right to cancel the event up to the moment of. (We try our best to give you a heads up in the event of a predicted cancellation). Rarely the situation may occur in which the number of jet skis available may be lower than needed, we will notify the last reservation made for that session and allow a rebooking for no fee or make other accommodations if necessary.
- WHAT TO WEAR: Come prepared and in your beach or gym attire, if the weather is "less the perfect" it's suggested to enjoy the activities with a waterproof windbreaker jacket to wear under the life jackets we supply. Don't forget sunscreen. Wetsuits may be limited due to COVID-19. We do have cool cheap $5 custom Jersey Jet Ski sunglasses available, this way you can have these
- And as many guests have asked to remind new comers, TIPS ARE APPRECIATED! Our guides are often off-duty first responders who go above and beyond for the safety, comfort and personalized attention required to make sure things go wonderfully for everyone. They really enjoy sharing this wonderful experience. "If you enjoyed your ride, tip your guide"
Go Beyond New York Sightseeing and regular Things to do in NYC! Jet Ski By New York City or in Beautiful Central NJ!
It doesn't get more fun, affordable and easy than Jersey Jet Ski Rental and Tours! From Jersey City or Keyport! Book Today by Clicking "Book Now"